Marketing and Outreach Associate
Helping Hand is looking to add a Marketing and Outreach Associate to our team to play a key role in helping grow funds raised and support our mission. We are seeking a creative mind with an eye for detail and the skills to help us effectively share our story. This position will be instrumental in the planning and implementation of a wide range of Advancement projects.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of database by ensuring all information is kept current and up to date.
- Trouble shoots database issues.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Reconcile donations with the Finance Department monthly
- Coordinate mailing of appeal letters.
- Responsible for overseeing group volunteer activities.
- Provides support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
- Planning and executive social media strategies, creating and publishing content to a variety of platforms, and interacting with communities and audiences.
- Measure results by tracking metrics and insights on each platform.
- Ensure weekly management of all due dates for required documentation.
- Provide timely and ongoing general administrative support.
- Must fulfill all necessary training requirements of the agency.
- Must maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, and reliability.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and prioritize concurrent needs.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities and emerging issues
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with availability in response to changing agency needs.
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Strong ability to follow through with tasks.
- Strong initiative and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Vision within functional limits in order to see and respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work indoors and/or outdoors.
- Ability to transfer materials and or individuals
- This position requires employees to work with persons who may be physically aggressive.
- Hearing within functional limits in order to respond to an auditory request for assistance.
Education & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant experience in development, sales, customer relations, and/or administrative support required. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a development or non-profit setting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook required. DonorPerfect knowledge is a plus.
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s license with proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to pass criminal background checks and all pre-employment testing.
Compensation & Benefits we are proud to offer you, include but are not limited to:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Match
Company Paid Basic Life/AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance for all FT employees
Voluntary Life, STD Buy-Up, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Paid Time Off – Policy varies per position/job title and FT/PT status:
13 Paid Holidays per year
Vacation Days (non-school employees)
School Closings (school staff)
Paid Sick Days
Vacation Day rollover option (non-school staff)
Full-Time and Part-Time Employee Benefits:
Expense Reimbursement when applicable
EAP (Employee Assistance Program) & BenefitHub discounts
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan – eligible upon hire to participate
Helping Hand matches up to 4% after 500 hours of service
How we show our appreciation for everything you do:
Quarterly employee Transformation Award
Years of service recognition
Health and Wellness In-Services
Yearly Executive Team gift to staff members
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Potential for yearly bonus
Tuition Reimbursement for FT staff members
Employee In-Service Days
Opportunities for growth:
Promotions from within whenever possible
Employee Workshops and Trainings
Exciting Annual Events:
Helping Hand Golf Outing
Move With HH Walk