It was a pleasure to see so many members at the first State of the Chamber this morning! In case you missed it, a recap is below..
Thanks to our outgoing board of directors – and hello to our new ones!
We thank our Past Chair, Beth McCormack with Express Employment Professionals and former Leadership Brian Doruff of Merrill Lynch, Catherine Dugan LaBelle of Baird & Warner and Allison Muzal of business services.
Beth McCormack Brian Doruff Catherine Labelle Allison Muzal
And a big welcome to the new members of our Board Leadership – Garsen Hansen of UPS, William Iaculla of FNBC Bank & Trust and Steve Ryan of Rytech, LLC. Updated photos coming soon!
Many events and programs to be excited about in 2016!
The WSCCI 2016 calendar is filled with worthwhile events and programs. Check out the full event calendar here – but in the meantime, below is a list of our signature events!
- The 2016 Awards Dinner: save the date for 4/28/16! Exciting new details coming very soon.
- Regional Health, Wellness & Safety Festival: brand new event on 6.11.16 at The Max in McCook! This event will help to keep our community healthy, happy and safe for all ages while giving WSCCI Membership the opportunity to directly connect with residents. Sponsorships, vendor applications and more will be rolled out very soon. Save the date!
- The 51st Annual Teachers Breakfast: save the date for 8.16.16 at Capri Banquets in Countryside.
- Veterans Banner Project: New program to help our region honor, educate and employ our veterans! WSCCI will be working with each of our 9 communities for light post banners to be displayed, each one honoring a veteran that a resident or business chose. Details coming soon!
- One Grand Holiday Event: the new twist on this tradition will continue in December of 2016!
We are constantly working to implement new opportunities, and improve current ones. Take a look at some very worthwhile opportunities for this year!
- The WSCCI Directory and Community Guide: After receiving feedback from membership that the price of an ad in our Regional Directory was too high, we made some BIG changes. We are now managing the directory in house, and as a result, are able to cut prices to nearly HALF of what they were in 2015! Opportunity to take advantage of this will be in your inbox next week! Want a refresher on what the Directory is? Click here for the electronic version.
- Subscribe to the WSCCI texting database to receive only the most important updates and reminders on how to maximize your membership. Sign up today: text “ WSCCI “ to 313131.
- Check out our blog! This will be another layer of communication that will enable us to keep you up to date on all we have to offer.
We want you to maximize you membership!
- It is our goal to make sure you are able to take advantage of everything your membership offers, and that you’ve already paid for! Look for an email from Member Relations Coordinator, Jennifer Fulton, to learn how to activate your profile.
- New for 2016: automatic renewal! We are now able to automatically renew your membership each year should you choose to do so. This will be an efficient way to save you time and money!
- Community Room at WSCCI: Our Community Room is yours to use! With full meeting capabilities of wifi, projector, and more- let us help you for your next meeting. Use of the room is free for members!
- With an outstanding list of Committees, Groups and Taskforces in our arsenal – there is something for every member. Click here to see the complete list.
New Partnerships and Programs!
Brand new programs are underway to continually increase your membership value.
- ComPass: the WSCCI innovative model for driving commerce is picking up a lot of steam this year. New developments and opportunities coming to you soon.
- Executive Expressos: This series of discussions is a result of our partnership with Vistage International. Each month, CEO’s are able to participate in a problem-solving session to remove obstacles preventing them from growing their businesses more quickly.
- Small Business Development Center: Through our partnership with Republic Bank and the College of DuPage Center for Entrepreneurship, the WSCCI office space will soon serve as a resource for our region as a Small Business Development Center.